Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #50
This brief includes:
- Important Dates for FALL 2020
- Reminder about Masks and 6ft guidance
- Classroom Technology Update
- Fall 2020 Parking Reminder
- SMART Space Update
IMPORTANT DATES FOR FALL 2020
- 9/9 – Last day for a student to add a class. Faculty please make sure that the students who are attending your classes (via Zoom or in-person) are registered by this day at the latest.
- 9/11 – Last day for a student to drop a class without academic penalty.
- 9/11 – Enrollment Verification. Enrollment verification will run differently this fall. If a student submits an assignment on or before Friday, September 11, they will be automatically marked as enrolled. Faculty will get an email to confirm student enrollment for those students that do not have an assignment due by this date OR for students who do not submit their assignment on time.
- 10/18 – Midterm Grades Due.
- 11/13 – Last day to withdraw from a course with academic penalty and last day to withdraw from the College.
- 11/23-11/27 Thanksgiving Break.
- 11/30 – Classes resume with 100% virtual instruction.
The Registrar’s Office is working on an updated timeline for scheduling spring courses and spring registration. More information will be available coming soon.
REMINDER ABOUT MASKS & 6 FT GUIDANCE
As a reminder, our Community Health Pledge asks us to maintain a physical distance of six feet from other individuals whenever possible, wear a mask at all times, except when alone in a personal office, while eating, or when outdoors and physically distanced by at least six feet from all individuals. These are new cultural norms for students, faculty and staff that will take time to fully adopt. For the mutual respect of all parties, please be mindful of your physical distance in the classroom and on-campus and respect the pledge that we have all signed.
CLASSROOM & FACULTY TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
- All classrooms where document cameras were requested are set up with new technology. Thirteen new document cameras just arrived and Media Services will be distributing these into additional classrooms.
- Lyle will be testing out a new audio set-up in the Champlain Room and troubleshooting with some alternative ideas for the Auditorium to better pick up student voices.
- Faculty can request that the webcam be mounted on a tripod for a particular classroom if this makes more sense than the top of the monitor. Contact email@example.com to submit this request.
- Lyle will be adding some USB extension cords for the webcams in locations that have been already identified.
- If faculty haven’t picked up requested equipment, please contact ChampSupport@champlain.edu. All the faculty equipment has arrived.
FALL 2020 PARKING REMINDER
The Fall 2020 Parking Update notice is available here. A quick summary:
- For those employees that are required to work on site at Main Campus three or more days per week, you will have the option of purchasing a full-time “Main Campus” parking permit for any regular parking lot on campus, at $100 for the semester.
- If you would rather “pay-per-use” this fall – these are the lots, map of zones and the rates:
- FREE: North House, Sanders Hall, Lakeside, Permitted City Streets (shown on parking map with black dots).
- $.50 per hour (no user fee per session): Skiff Hall, 158 S. Willard St, 371 Main St, 396 Main St, South House
- $1 per hour (+ 30c user fee per session) & 4 Hr Time Limit: Miller Information Commons, Summit Hall, Jensen/Rowell Lot
SMART Space Update
SMART Space Opens for Tutoring and Coaching on Sunday, September 6! For more information about our services, please see SMART Space News. Highlights include:
- 24/7 Tutoring with SMARThinking
- Canvas access for tutors
- Role of Faculty liaisons
- Embedded Tutors
- Student Central Resources for Faculty
- New – Writing Resource!
- Upcoming Academic Workshops
Fall 2020 Course StandardsSyllabus Requirements
CLT: Fall Flex Hybrid Ramp-Up Guide
Updated! Upcoming CLT Webinars
Flex-Hybrid Design Team Meeting Sign-up
CLT Team Meeting Sign-up
Faculty Canvas Mentor List
State of Vermont Mandatory Guidance for College and University Campus Learning
Champlain College COVID 19 Safe Work Practices Policy
COVID-19 Daily Health Tracking Form.
The View: Updates on the Coronavirus
The View: Academic Updates
Faculty Daily Briefing Email Archive
Access to Coaching and Tutoring Support
Fall schedule info for students
Student scheduling “how to” video 1 and video 2.
New Student Orientation
Champlain Community Health Pledge for students
COVID-19 Temporary Student Conduct Policy