Faculty & Staff: Summer 2021
Rev. August 11, 2021
Champlain College welcomes students, faculty and staff on campus this summer. Our ability to work on our Burlington campus, despite the pandemic, relies on our shared responsibility for one another. Returning to campus is only possible if all students, faculty, staff, campus partners, and community members act in a manner consistent with our protective measures that implement federal, state, and local emergency orders, public health guidelines, the State of Vermont College Restart Plan, and guidance from College public health advisors.
Our Community Health Pledge has been updated to continue to explain the responsibilities and obligations for faculty and staff—please take the time to read it carefully. It is especially important that you understand both your obligations as a member of our community and how life on campus will be different. Champlain will take all reasonable steps to create a safe environment, but it cannot guarantee a risk-free campus, including the risk of exposure or illness caused by COVID-19. You have both the ability and the responsibility to protect your own health and safety. Your ability to work on campus is contingent on you agreeing to and upholding this Community Health Pledge. Similar and equivalent responsibilities for students are reflected in the Student Health Pledge.
Note: The pledge was updated on 8/11/21 to reflect changes in masking policies.
I agree to abide by all aspects of the Vermont Forward plan, including travel, gathering, masking and physical distancing guidelines, as well as sector-specific and Universal Guidance. The State of Vermont’s Universal Guidance is:
- Stay home if sick. Do not go to work if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Unvaccinated employees who have not had COVID-19 in the past 90 days and have had close contact for more than 15 minutes with any person who is diagnosed with COVID-19 are required to quarantine for 14 days or for 7 days prior to obtaining a COVID-19 test. See the Department of Health’s guidance for more information on workplace exposures.
- Wear a mask when in shared indoor spaces. Champlain College requires masks for all students, employees, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, when in shared indoor spaces. Masking is not required for students in their own residential apartments/suites. *Updated 8/11/21
- Social Distancing is Encouraged. Social distancing of 6 feet is encouraged for unvaccinated individuals but not required *Updated 6/15/21
- Practice good hygiene. Frequently wash hands and clean surroundings such as high touch surfaces in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Think before you travel. Follow the state’s travel guidance.
I agree to abide by Champlain College COVID-19 requirements. I will:
- Participate in Champlain’s mandatory testing program until fully vaccinated.
- Stay home if ill with COVID-19 symptoms and consult your primary care provider as needed for symptom management and/or clearance to return to work.
- Participate in contact tracing efforts promptly and honestly.
- Comply with requests to quarantine or isolate.
- Wear a face mask when in shared indoor spaces, except when alone in a residence hall room, apartment, or personal office. *Updated 8/11/21
- Review, acknowledge, and comply with all COVID-19 related employment policies and procedures.
- Read all Champlain College emails related to COVID-19 and communications. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to review, understand, and comply with any updates.
- Complete all COVID-19 training required by Champlain College.
- Promptly report any known exposures to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Disinfect shared resources after use (eg. computer workstations in the library or computer labs, or equipment like departmental photocopiers), and following directional signage.
- Abide by any additional health and safety measures implemented by all Champlain College offices and departments, including but not limited to: classrooms, laboratories, and dining facilities.
- Refrain from bringing external visitors to campus unless approved by the area Vice President and ensure that approved external visitors comply with vaccination or testing requirements.
- Respectfully remind my students and colleagues of safety expectations, and be respectful of others when they remind me.
- Reject bias, discrimination, and stigma against people of any racial and ethnic backgrounds and those who are perceived to have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Follow COVID-19 safety measures implemented by local businesses, the City of Burlington, and the State of Vermont in off-campus locations.
- Comply with all procedures related to closure or suspension of operations as mandated by state, federal, or Champlain College officials, should they become necessary.