Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #8
Dear Faculty and Academic Staff:
This daily briefing includes:
- Updates to Registration Deadlines
- Use SCART Form To Report Attendance Concerns
- CLT Updates – Teaching Support
UPDATES TO REGISTRATION DEADLINES
The Registrar’s Office has extended several deadlines to accommodate students during this time. Please make note of the following changes:
- First day of registration: April 6
- Last day to withdraw from a course: April 10
- Last day to withdraw from the College: April 24
- Last day to request a medical withdraw from the College: April 24
- Deadline to register for Summer or Fall Courses: May 1
More details about these processes (and more!) can be found here. We are working right now on adding these updates to our Academic Calendar page, changes will be noted with an asterisk. If you or your students have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office right away. If you know which member of the Registrar’s Office you are trying to reach, find their contact information here, otherwise please email email@example.com. This will be communicated to students this week through our Remote Learning Guide Canvas course.
USE SCART FORM TO REPORT ATTENDANCE CONCERNS
If a student is not participating in your course by the end of this week, please attempt to reach out to the student via email to inquire about their participation. If you do not receive a response, or are concerned about what the student shares, submit a SCART report. SCART will do the necessary follow-up with our students. Additionally, if students share other concerns (family stressors, financial stressors, health issues, etc.) that you want to pass on to the SCART team, please do so. They will reach out to students virtually to offer support.
CLT UPDATES – TEACHING SUPPORT
The Center for Learning and Teaching continues to offer one-on-one consultations. Please contact us if you discover new ways we can help as you have your first remote interactions with your classes. Sign up for a consultation here. For just-in-time support, CLT has people on-call. Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. For tech support, IS is ready to assist you. Contact them at support.champlain.edu.
To better facilitate finding information on our website, CLT is also launching an easy-to-navigate FAQ page for teaching-related resources, and we continue to add additional tutorials and sample materials multiple times a week.
Ongoing communication and resources for Faculty and Staff will be posted on The View. It’s a good idea to check the site daily as new communications and FAQs are posted regularly. Finally, all Faculty Daily Briefing emails are stored here and also hosted on The View.
- CLT: Academic Continuity
- CLT: One-on-One Support
- Faculty Canvas Mentor List
- Champlain College COVID-19 Question Submission Form
- The View: Updates on the Coronavirus
- Faculty Survey: Remote Learning Readiness and Support Survey
- Faculty & Students: Solutions for accessing college coursework software remotely
- Student Resource: Access to Coaching and Tutoring Support
- Student Resource: Remote Learning Guide