Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #48
Dear Faculty and Academic Staff:
This brief includes:
- Student Laptop Update
- Remote Teaching & Classroom A/V Resources
- My.Champlain Portal Update
- Campus Dining and Fitness Center Updates
- Moving Classes Outdoors
STUDENT LAPTOP UPDATE
Because of COVID-related supply chain and shipping impacts, the students who have opted in will not have their Champlain laptops for the start of the semester. IS, in coordination with Compass, has reached out to students (incoming and returning) who have requested hardware to notify them and identify individuals who have no computer so that we can provide something from our existing inventory to support them until their laptops arrive.
REMOTE TEACHING & CLASSROOM A/V RESOURCES
- Classroom A/V Guide
- Activating your Zoom Account (If you got an account through the College)
- Scheduling your class sessions in Zoom
- Making recordings of your Zoom sessions available in Canvas through Panopto
MY.CHAMPLAIN PORTAL UPDATE
You may have noticed that the my.champlain.edu portal has a new look and feel! Check it out this week to get oriented to the new navigation.
CAMPUS DINING AND FITNESS CENTER
EATS will be open for faculty and staff dining beginning August 31st. Contactless ordering is available using either a kiosk near the Grill or by the Bite By Sodexo – Universities app. The app is still being set up and tested, so the ordering function may not be available on Monday, but will be soon. Due to the dining schedule for students with de-densification and other protocols in place, IDX Dining will be available to students only until further notice.
The IDX Fitness Center will also be limited to students at this time and will be reevaluated later in the semester.
MOVING CLASSES OUTDOORS
Please take advantage of our beautiful campus this fall. As you consider the possibility of moving your student meetings, classes, and activities outside, please take note of this information:
- There are two outdoor spaces available to reserve for classes. The Finney Quad and the Hauke Courtyard steps will be added to the EMS and can be reserved with the Event Center at least 24 hours in advance firstname.lastname@example.org. Each morning we will post the schedule on a sandwich board sign at each space.
- There are multiple other outdoor spaces on campus that you can use on a first-come basis.
- There are tents set up in multiple locations across campus designed for safe outdoor student hang out spaces. (These are not classroom spaces.)
Let’s hope for good weather. And remember, if you are taking your classes outside, have a plan for your virtual students.
Fall 2020 Course StandardsSyllabus Requirements
CLT: Fall Flex Hybrid Ramp-Up Guide
Updated! Upcoming CLT Webinars
Flex-Hybrid Design Team Meeting Sign-up
CLT Team Meeting Sign-up
Faculty Canvas Mentor List
State of Vermont Mandatory Guidance for College and University Campus Learning
Champlain College COVID 19 Safe Work Practices Policy
COVID-19 Daily Health Tracking Form.
The View: Updates on the Coronavirus
The View: Academic Updates
Faculty Daily Briefing Email Archive
Access to Coaching and Tutoring Support
Fall schedule info for students
Student scheduling “how to” video 1 and video 2.
New Student Orientation
Champlain Community Health Pledge for students
COVID-19 Temporary Student Conduct Policy