Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #52
Dear Faculty and Academic Staff:
This brief includes:
- Anti-Racism Events
- Enrollment Verification Reminder & Update
- Using Document Cameras
- CLT Faculty Development Opportunities (a correction)
The Cooperrider Center for AI will be hosting a variety of events as part of their upcoming series, “Activating Anti-racism with Appreciative Inquiry.” In particular, you might be interested in joining a 3-week dialogue series, “Entering the Territory: A Conversational Series on Racism,” that begins Sept 29 and costs $30 (if the price is an obstacle for your participation, please contact Lindsey Godwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for scholarship opportunities), or one of the upcoming two free webinars DE&I through an Appreciative Lens (Oct 1); Black Psychology: A Forerunner of Positive Psychology (Oct 8).
ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION REMINDER
Enrollment verification is a process that is required for students to receive federal financial aid. At the beginning of each semester we “verify” that students are attending their registered classes. If you have created an assignment that requires student participation in Canvas prior to September 11, then we will use this data to verify enrollment.
You will receive an email if we are unable to verify enrollment for some or all of your students. The email will link you to a webform and that must be completed promptly in order for us to complete the enrollment verification process. Disbursement of federal financial aid to students depends on faculty completing this process.
USING DOCUMENT CAMERAS
Are you using a document camera, either in the classroom or remotely? This tutorial will teach you how to use a document camera with both Zoom and Google Meet.
CLT FALL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES (*a correction)
Please find a complete list of our fall faculty development opportunities here. Please note the change in the title of the Faculty/Staff Reading Group. The correct title is The Hate U Give.
Fall 2020 Course StandardsSyllabus Requirements
CLT: Fall Flex Hybrid Ramp-Up Guide
Updated! Upcoming CLT Webinars
Flex-Hybrid Design Team Meeting Sign-up
CLT Team Meeting Sign-up
Faculty Canvas Mentor List
State of Vermont Mandatory Guidance for College and University Campus Learning
Champlain College COVID 19 Safe Work Practices Policy
COVID-19 Daily Health Tracking Form.
The View: Updates on the Coronavirus
The View: Academic Updates
Faculty Daily Briefing Email Archive
Access to Coaching and Tutoring Support
Fall schedule info for students
Student scheduling “how to” video 1 and video 2.
New Student Orientation
Champlain Community Health Pledge for students
COVID-19 Temporary Student Conduct Policy
Campus Events Check for frequent updates!
Upcoming Dates & Deadlines:
- 9/9 Last day for a student to add a class Faculty, please make sure that the students who are attending your classes (virtually or in-person) are registered by this day at the latest.
- 9/11 Last day for a student to drop a class without academic penalty
- 9/11 Enrollment Verification A student who submits an assignment on or before Friday, September 11 will be marked as enrolled. Faculty will get an email to confirm student enrollment for those students who do not submit an assignment by this date.
- 10/18 Midterm Grades Due
- 11/13 Last day to withdraw from a course with academic penalty and last day to withdraw from the College
- 11/16 – 12/4 IDEA Student Ratings of Instruction
- 11/23 – 11/27 Thanksgiving Break
- 11/30 Classes resume with 100% virtual instruction
- 12/14 – 12/18 Finals Week
- 12/18 Classes End
- 12/20 Final Grades Due at Midnight