Spring Housing Update #1B: Students not currently residing on campus
As President Akande announced earlier today, this spring, we will welcome back those students currently living on campus and anticipate being able to accommodate additional requests for housing. Residence halls will continue to operate at the existing lower density model of only single and double rooms. Priority for open or available beds will be given to seniors; however, we will strive to accommodate as many students as safely possible given reduced occupancy.
As a student who currently does not live on campus this fall, please review the following:
- Between October 9 and October 25, students should request campus housing for Spring 2021 by using the application named “Housing Request Form” on The Housing Director (THD).
- On Monday, October 12, the Spring 2021 academic schedule of classes will be shared with students and will indicate which classes will be offered Flex-Hybrid fully virtual or Flex-Hybrid mixed. This information will help students plan their housing needs.
- Buildings are assigned this year as follows:
- Upperclass buildings (seniors, juniors and sophomores): Boardman, Valcour, Butler and 194 St Paul
- First Year buildings: 158 South Willard, 308 Maple, 371 Main, Adirondack, Bader, Bankus, Carriage, Cushing, Hill, Jensen, Juniper, Lakeview, McDonald, Pearl, Rowell, South, and Summit
- Students who planned to study abroad in Montreal, Dublin, or with another program this spring should refer to the email(s) they received from the Office of International Education to determine their housing needs for Spring 2021.
- More information on spring move-in will be communicated in the coming weeks.
- Cancellation policy: If, after a housing assignment is made, a student wishes to cancel their on-campus housing to study remotely during spring (at home or off-campus), they must email firstname.lastname@example.org and understand the cancellation policy:
- Cancel through December 11, 2020: no cancellation fee
- Cancel December 12 – 31, 2020: $250 cancellation fee
- Cancel any time on or after January 1, 2021: $500 cancellation fee
- Cancel after move-in: student is responsible for the full cost of the semester
Thank you for your attention! Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Director of Housing and Residential Life