COVID-19 Requirements for Commencement 2021
Dear Champlain 2021 Graduates,
Congratulations! We are reaching out to you as a graduating senior who RSVP’d for the in-person diploma ceremony. Please read the important information below for the COVID requirements that must be met in order to participate.
Students who are currently participating in the Champlain College COVID testing program should continue to test weekly; completing a test between Monday, May 10 and Wednesday, May 12 is mandatory in order to participate in the in-person ceremony. Please note: The Testing Center will be closed on Thursday, May 13 and Friday, May 14, and tests obtained on these dates off-campus are unlikely to provide results in time for participation in Commencement.
Local students who are not currently in the Champlain College COVID testing pool should join the testing pool for the two weeks in May prior to graduation, as follows:
- Test #1: Monday, May 3–Friday, May 7 @ Perry Hall, 9 AM–5 PM
- Test #2: Monday, May 10–Wednesday May 12 @ Perry Hall, 9 AM–5 PM
Fully vaccinated students are required to test as well.
Students who do not live locally and will be testing off-campus are required to submit a negative test result from a test collected between Monday, May 10–Wednesday May 12. Please submit results here. Additionally, students arriving from out of state are required to test within 3 days prior to arrival to Vermont, in addition to the required testing for participation in Commencement as detailed above (unless these dates overlap).
Daily Health Screening:
The Daily Health Screening must be completed each day that a student is accessing campus (including the day of graduation). Responses will be reviewed prior to your participating in in-person Commencement; if you have any symptoms of COVID, you will not be permitted to participate.
Commencement Day Checklist:
- Complete a COVID-19 test between May 10–12
- If you conducted your COVID-19 test off-campus, submit the results here
- Submit the Daily Health Screening
- Have your cap, gown and Champlain ID with you
Check-in for the ceremonies will be in front of Butler Hall on Finney Quad during the following times:
- CCM/SSB Divisions: Check-in between 9:00–9:30 AM; procession line-up begins at 9:30 AM. The Commencement pre-show begins at 9:30 AM and the ceremony will officially kick off at 10:00 AM.
- EHS/ITS Divisions: Check-in between 12:00–12:30 PM; procession line-up begins at 12:30 PM. The Commencement pre-show begins at 12:30 PM and the ceremony will officially kick off at 1:00 PM.
We will be sharing additional details leading up to Commencement, so please continue to watch your email. All Commencement-related information can also be found on the Commencement website: commencement.champlain.edu.
The Commencement Planning Committee