Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #3
Dear Faculty and Academic Staff:
This daily briefing includes:
- Campus Access Closed After Thursday 3/19/20
- SCART Form Continued Use with Remote Instruction
- Registration Update
- Admitted Student Day Update
- Extended Spring Break & Adjusting Student Assignments
- Library Access to Digital Course Texts
CAMPUS ACCESS CLOSED AFTER THURSDAY 3/19/20
Please see Laurie’s email from 3/16/20 outlining the new status of remote work for faculty and staff. A few of the highlights:
- After the close of business on Thursday, 3/19/20, keycard access to campus buildings will be shut off.
- Faculty and staff who are seeking a hardship request to continue to have access to campus can submit that request through this form.
- The transition from Workday to Oracle HCM has been postponed.
- Please also read Jeff Brown’s email from IS about internet connectivity, hardware and software resources for remote work.
SCART FORM CONTINUED USE WITH REMOTE INSTRUCTION
The SCART process remains in place and will still be utilized for students who are not engaging on Canvas or through other means of remote instruction interaction. As a reminder, the SCART Form is here.
In an effort to provide extra time for advising and removing as many barriers as possible for our students, we have made the following adjustments to registration for Summer and Fall 2020 courses.
- The opening of registration is pushed back one week. Registration was slated to start on March 30th, it will now be April 6th.
- We are extending the registration window to be open for 4 weeks, normally 2 weeks.
- We are also looking into minimizing as many registration holds as is possible, more information for faculty advisors will be available soon.
- Information on how to host virtual advising appointments over Google Hangouts Meet is here. Faculty Advisors can make their own plan of action for connecting with their student advisees.
- Students will be notified early next week with this update.
ADMITTED STUDENT DAY UPDATE (Note this is also on The View)
Although we will not be hosting Admitted Students and their families on campus for Admitted Student Weekends, we are planning a robust and exciting online Admitted Student event with a number of interactive virtual activities for April 18 & April 25. Please see the Admitted Student Day page for the latest information.
EXTENDED SPRING BREAK & ADJUSTING STUDENT ASSIGNMENTS
This week is extended spring break, there should be no assignments due at this time.
LIBRARY ACCESS TO DIGITAL COURSE TEXTS
The library is working hard to provide digital access to your course texts. Please contact email@example.com if you are not already in touch with the library about your materials. We are attempting to purchase electronic copies of your texts. If they are unavailable, we are providing scanning services to digitize physical materials as electronic course reserves. We ask that you prioritize your requests for digitization, as we have some limits due to copyright and fair use as well as library staff’s scope. We will do our best to make your texts available and accessible.
Ongoing communication and resources for Faculty and Staff will be posted on The View. A FAQ page has been included on the View. It’s a good idea to check The View daily as it is being updated based on the questions that are coming into the administration. Students, Faculty and Staff can use this form to submit questions for The View FAQ page. Finally, all Faculty Daily Briefing emails are also posted on The View.