The following programs, conferences and events have been cancelled as a result of COVID-19.
Out of an abundance of caution, Champlain College has extended spring break and cancelled cancelled a number of programs, conferences, and events in partnership with our on-campus and community partners. The list below will be updated regularly.
- Spring Break Extension
Champlain College will extend spring break for traditional residential students by one additional week, with no on-campus classes held in any format from March 16—20 on either the Burlington or Montreal campuses. Read the complete update.
- Summer 2020: Pre-College Summer Programs
The following programs have been cancelled:
- Art & Design Portfolio Building Course
- Digital Forensics & Cybersecurity Game Academy
- Media Production Academy
- Summer 2020: Champlain Abroad in Montreal
The Summer 2020 Champlain Abroad in Montreal has been cancelled.
- Summer 2020: Freeman Foundation Internship Program
All Freeman Foundation Asia internships for summer 2020 have been cancelled.
- Summer 2020: Service Trip to Uganda
The Summer Service Trip to Uganda has been cancelled.
- Spring Study Abroad Programs
Spring Study Abroad programs in Montreal and Dublin have been cancelled and students have been urged to return home. Programs in Italy and South Korea have been cancelled and students have returned home. Students studying through 3rd party study abroad providers have been urged to return to the United States as soon as possible regardless of the cancellation status of their program.
- March 16–20, 2020: Game Developers Conference (GDC)
Officials from GDC reported that after close consultation with their partners in the game development industry and community around the world, they made the difficult decision to postpone the conference. Daphne Walker, Champlain’s Game Studio Career Coach, is working with several GDC recruiters to arrange Skype or video career Q & A chats in lieu of the conference.
- March 23 Spring Career Fair and Employer Reception
- March 31 & April 1 Mock Interview Days
- The Career Collaborative is eager to extend continued offerings and services to our students and employer partners. Connect with us at email@example.com or call at 802-860-2720.
- April 3–5 & April 17–19 Admitted Student Weekends
We are developing exciting online Admitted Student events with a number of interactive virtual activities for this April. Please visit the Admitted Student Day page for more details.
- Events at the Champlain College Event & Conference Center: Events through August have been cancelled and hosts notified. Please visit the Event & Conference Center website for more information.
Off-Campus & Champlain Connect Events
- March 17, 2020: Champlain Connect San Francisco event
We hope to reschedule when the Game Developers Conference (GDC) has been rescheduled for later this year, as we host this Connect event in connection with GDC.
- March 20, 2020: Champlain Connect Los Angeles event
- April 9, 2020: Champlain Connect Boston event
- April 15, 2020: Champlain Connect Washington, D.C. event