Fall Update #13: Dining
The Champlain Dining Services Team has been hard at work over the summer adapting our dining locations to help ensure your safety. We’re sharing this update with new and returning students before you arrive so you know what to expect and don’t have to guess what to do and where to go.
This information is current as of August 15, 2020. If our plans change, we will update our website and if necessary, send an email.
In addition to IDX Dining Hall and The Grill and Zime @ EATS in the Center for Communication & Creative Media (CCM) we have added two new locations where you can pick up ‘Simply to Go’ meal-plan meals:
- EATS Lounge: Available for lunch and dinner take-out
- Whiting Lounge: Available for breakfast and lunch take-out
These new locations will open the first day of classes, Monday August 31, unless we need them earlier.
Mobile ordering will be available soon for pickup at all locations using the BITE by Sodexo-Universities mobile app, where you can also view the daily menus for each location. Look for the ‘Bite Pickup Location’ signs at each location.
Initial Quarantine Period (August 15th-30th)
During campus quarantine breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available for take-out only at the IDX Dining Hall. You are welcome to leave your residence hall to visit the dining hall. Please take your meals back to your residence hall or to an outdoor location. Remember to keep at least six feet from other students and wear your mask. EATS and ‘Simply To Go’ locations will not be open during campus quarantine unless IDX becomes too congested.
Hours of Operation
There are different hours of operation for the next two weeks, August 15-30th, before regular hours of operation commence. See all the hours of operation at champlaindining.sodexomyway.com/dining-near-me/hours. Hours will be subject to change so keep checking back online or at the front door of the IDX Dining Hall.
Quarantining or Isolating During the Semester
If you are advised by the Student Health Center to quarantine in your own room at any time during the semester or required to completely isolate in one of our Isolation Halls due to having COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19, meals will be delivered to you. Delivered meals will include one hot and two cold meals, plus snacks.
At all dining locations:
- Please adhere to all physical distancing guidelines; maintaining at least 6 feet between you and the guest ahead of you.
- Masks are required (covering nose and mouth) by everyone, at all times (unless actually eating).
- Look for and adhere to directional, queuing and BITE by Sodexo-Universities mobile pick-up signs at all dining locations.
- Dining areas will be clearly marked and additional sanitation and disinfecting measures will be in place to ensure guest safety.
- During the semester, we have limited in-person seating to reduce customer density. The initial quarantine period is take-out only.
- All food will be served to you by a Sodexo employee, with the exception of beverages.
- Plan your visit ahead by viewing the daily menus on the BITE by Sodexo-Universities mobile app or online.
- Two new ordering kiosks have been installed in EATS for contactless ordering of The Grill and Zime items.
- Take-out is encouraged at all locations. We have added outdoor seating all over campus for your use.
- ALL take-out containers and supplies such as cups, lids, napkins, cutlery and bags are 100% compostable. We have added a large green compost bin inside the entry of every residence hall for your convenience. There are compost bins in all academic buildings too. Please make sure to compost EVERYTHING you get from the dining facilities (except for those pesky ketchup and mustard packets…they go in the trash).
We know that there will be a period of adjustment to new policies and procedures with campus dining; but we will continue to deliver outstanding customer service, fun themed menus, safe activities that still allow for social distancing and more!
Be sure to download the BITE by Sodexo-Universities mobile app before you arrive on campus!
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact Sodexo prior to your arrival to campus.
See you soon!
Champlain Dining Services