Faculty & Academic Staff Briefing #17
Dear Faculty and Academic Staff:
This brief includes:
- IDEA Reminders
- CLT Updates
- Image of the day: Leo Bunders
The IDEA Student Ratings of Instruction survey is now open to students. Here are a few reminders about circumstances that are unique to this semester:
- Even though the survey is open, faculty still are able select your Relevant Learning Objectives (through April 20).
- We are using the short form (Learning Essentials) of the IDEA SRI.
- Students will be completing the surveys on their own time, so remind them that their feedback is important to you AND be sure to monitor responses during the open survey period by logging on to the IDEA-CL faculty portal.
- The survey will close at midnight on Friday, April 20. Results will be available to faculty on May 5.
- Faculty may choose whether or not to share their spring 2020 results in future evaluations or promotion portfolios.
Here is a way to take a documentary and reflective approach to the self-evaluation of instruction.
The Center for Learning & Teaching will offer additional webinars over the next seven days:
- Thursday 4/9, 1pm: Setting Up Your Canvas Gradebook
- Monday 4/13, 11am: Stress Management and Self-Care during Covid Times
- Tuesday 4/14, 1pm: Grading in Canvas: SpeedGrader
Stay tuned for more opportunities! These will appear in your calendar. We are making every effort to record webinars; videos of last week’s webinars on Balancing Synchronous and Asynchronous Learning and Screencasting 101 are now available here.
Virtual Lunch Bunch:
Please join CLT and your colleagues for The Virtual Lunch Bunch!
We cannot help but think of the old Brady Bunch opening every time we join a virtual meeting. It is amusing to watch lovely faces of our Champlain family popping up in boxes on the screen. Let’s have a CC family lunch meeting just to socialize and share stories. Also, we won’t at all be disappointed if you choose to sport your best 70’s look. See you on April 15th at noon (12 pm. EST). The Google Hangouts Meet link will be in your calendar invitation.
Ongoing communication and resources for Faculty and Staff are posted on The View; the most recent posts are listed here for easy access. Finally, all Faculty Daily Briefing emails are stored here and also hosted on The View.
CLT: Academic Continuity
CLT: Upcoming Webinars
CLT: One-on-One Support
Faculty Canvas Mentor List
Remote Learning Readiness and Support Survey
Champlain College COVID-19 Question Submission Form
The View: Updates on the Coronavirus