What is Champlain College all about? How do we prepare our students for the future? Find out from President Alex Hernandez on Across the Fence, a television program co-produced by WCAX-TV Channel 3 and University of Vermont Extension.
President Hernandez talks with Fran Stoddard of Across the Fence about his first year in Burlington, Vermont and the many exciting developments in the works for Champlain College.
Watch the video to learn how:
- We get students started in their major from Day One with experiential learning opportunities and the Upside-Down Curriculum, preparing them for the working world right from the start.
- Vermont alumni and employers seek out Champlain graduates because of their impressive hands-on experience and skills.
- We recently surveyed our first-year students and 89% said they came to Champlain because they wanted to be prepared for a meaningful career.
- We are increasing access to education through our many scholarships for Vermonters, first-generation students, New Americans, single parents, and more.
- Students are engaging with the Burlington community and serving as an engine of opportunity for Vermont.
- We are innovating and adapting to industry needs with new majors like Digital Humanities and focusing on expanding our STEAM offerings, specifically in the bio-life sciences.
- We attract creative, entrepreneurial students who want to make an impact—and how our unconventional approach to education allows them to explore their passions and make meaningful connections.
Want to learn more about how Champlain prepares our students to be ready for work, ready for life, and ready to make a difference? Click here.