Orientation Leaders Ready to Welcome New Students

Champlain College Orientation Leaders are gearing up for a great weekend of Orientation activities as we welcome new students to our Burlington, Vermont campus!

With four days left until Orientation, we’d like to introduce you to four of the many orientation leaders who will help you get acclimated to campus, answer your questions, and encourage you to bring the fun! Be sure to tag @champlainedu in your Orientation photos and use the hashtag #ChampWelcome.

Addie Anderson is a Class of 2024 Psychology major and Orientation Leader.

Addie Anderson ’24 (they/them)

Major: Psychology, Minor: Social Justice

Why did you choose to become an Orientation Leader?

“Coming into Champlain in 2020, I did not get much of an orientation experience, so I can understand how scary and lonely it can be to come into college knowing nobody. I want to help incoming first years get those opportunities to meet people and have fun while they experience a scary transition! I am really looking forward to seeing people relax, become more confident, and make friends over the few days of orientation!”

What advice do you have for incoming students?

“Go to events! Engage with the new environment and community! I am a very anxious person myself so I can completely understand the reflex to freeze up and shut down in new situations, but the point of orientation is that nobody knows each other and are actively looking to make connections. Talk to each other! Talk to your OLs! I promise it will be okay!”

OrientatIon Leader Zach Fucci studied abroad during his junior year at Champlain.

Zach Fucci ’23 (he/him)

Major: Graphic Design & Visual Communication

“I wanted to become more involved on campus, and to meet peers who had the same passion for involvement as me. I’m looking forward to seeing a whole new group of faces at Champlain who will keep the legacy of the college going.”

“Put yourself out there and get involved. By getting involved early at Champlain, you are setting yourself up for a great four years here. You’ll make connections with faculty, and make friends you’ll have for the rest of your life.”

Orientation Leader Annabel Kusnitz is part of many student groups on campus, including the Student Government Association and the Eco-Reps.

Annabel Kusnitz ’24 (she/her)

Major: Professional Writing

“When I was a first year, I really appreciated having older students and friends provide guidance and advice— especially considering I felt like I had no clue what I was doing! I like being an OL because I like connecting with new students to “bridge the gap” and show them a fun time so they feel more comfortable in this new landscape.”

“Don’t be afraid to try new things, whether that’s joining a club, walking around Burlington, or talking to new people! College is what you make of it, so enjoy the freedom of choice and discover something about yourself at your own pace.”

Madison Mueller at 2021 Orientation with Chauncey T. Beaver.

Madison Mueller ’23 (she/her)

Major: Environmental Studies & Policy

“I became an OL to become more involved in the Champlain community and to make new friends. I loved the idea of being able to make students feel welcome and introduce them to campus! I am looking forward to the boat cruise and all the icebreakers!”

“Explore Burlington and Vermont as much as you can! Take public transit to neighboring towns, walk down to the waterfront, dine at local eateries, grab your hammock and go for a hike—making Burlington feel like home is easy and essential! It is a beautiful place to live and love for the next four years!”

More People
Christian Konczal on Champlain’s Evolving Esports Landscape
Champlain Experts Talk AI in the Workplace
President Hernandez: Creating the College of the Future